Pages

Saturday 6 May 2017

No, no Corky! Don't chase me!

I swam on the beachside with my four dogs! My parents, our dogs and l all went in a big SUV, because we decided to take the dogs for a walk. We had to bring them all at once because if we only took one, the other dogs would get jealous. My dad drove the car onto the motorway for a short time and then we pulled into the parking lot of a boating club. 

Then we got out, put the dog's leashes on their harnesses, closed the car doors, and we were off. We walked past a hill, bridge, some stairways and a map of the area. The terrain around us was a rocky outcrop. 

Along the way, we met a person with a dog and all of our four dogs started barking at it, so the owner had to carry her dog past us. When we were halfway along the track, we saw a small sandy area around the shore so we decided to unleash our dogs, so they could have a play by the water. Corky, one of the dogs, sped into the water, and we all followed him getting our pants wet and the locals looked at us because they thought it was funny.

Corky got very mad when I splashed at him with the water, so he started chasing me! He was faster in the water then me because he has four feet to propel him forward, and I only have two. He was like JAWS from the famous JAWS movie, so it was a bit scary. When he caught up to me, he bit me! Before long, we all left the water and we sat in the sun for a little bit to dry ourselves off, while the dogs shook themselves, getting everything around them wet. After that, we put the leashes back on all of the dogs, except Corky because he ran away from us. 

We walked back onto the path, while Corky continued to run around, refusing to let us put his leash back on. I ran ahead, because Corky started chasing me. When we reached the end of the path, we waited there. After five minutes, my parents and I reunited, and we put Corky back on his leash before we strolled, and then we all strolled back to our SUV. (it only took about two minutes) 

Finally, when we got to our SUV, we carried them all into the back of the SUV, closed the back door, got in the seats before we drove back home. My favourite part was when Corky started chasing after me, because I felt the adrenaline running through me. I hope we can walk our dogs here again.Image result for thesaurus book


Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use a Thesaurus to find more interesting words to improve the quality of my writing.

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.