Pages

Thursday 25 May 2017

My car looks like a tomato on wheels!

I finally went to a CLP this year!


It was almost halfway. The rubber of the seat was almost as oily and slippery as the SUV. My mum and dad were at the front, while my dad was driving and I was in the back seat. Our seat belt latched on  us like a rope.  


I heard the gravel under our car's wheels crunch as we neared our destination. Our car was a 4x4, so it could travel through rough areas. The car was as red as a really plump tomato.


After a little while, the car stopped and our ride was over, for now.  I clicked the red button on my seat belt to release the buckle. Some of my friends were sitting next to the door when we entered the hall. There was a big room with a table and the middle that had enough food for all of us to last half a day! There were jelly, cakes, donuts, and so much more! However, I was not really hungry, so I went back through the door to the outside.


Before I realized it, a garbage bin loomed in front of me, so I veered to the left into the side of the doorway back to my friends. They were all sitting down eating jelly from a plate on a bench.


They asked me where I had been, but I didn't answer them. After that, we spent two minutes of talking about superheroes, getting food and flipping empty cups and it was at that moment that we decided that we'll play Tag on the giant playground to the left of the vicinity.


All of us ran swiftly to that location, and the last one to get there was It. We could only take two steps on the ground if we were not on the playground equipment, otherwise we become the tagger. I followed my friends along some of the obstacles like a rope box, monkey bars and zip lines.


Eventually, we all met up at our position and sped to the tallest structure, which was our so-called 'Safe Zone'. The Safe Zone allows you to see the tagger coming so this allows you time to get away. For a little while, we just lingered around the Safe Zone.


Soon, the Tagger was hungry for revenge, but we all had a plan. At the other side of the tower, there is a rock-climbing wall and next to it, was the border between the playground and the grass. We all rushed down the rock wall. My friend urged me to jump, but I said I might break my legs (of course, this would not happen, but it would still hurt).


I decided to take a leap of faith and I landed on the ground with a loud thud. I quickly got up, and tiptoed to the border to join my friend. Soon the game was over
and we all ran back to the building, which was now empty, with chairs stacked up the wall and bags beside them.


We didn't know what to do, so we went outside and discovered a small room with a lock securing the door making sure no one was able to get inside. was a small room the size of a outhouse, with a lock enforcing the door to stay shut. My friends tried to get it open, but there was a combination code of three numbers. I thought there must be at least 50 combinations.



Image result for tomato
Eventually, our parents came back, from their meeting which was held in the other side of the room, separated by a door. We all got back in our automobiles, clicked on the seat belt, and closed our car doors. We were back to one more drive.


My favorite part was when we got to play on the giant playground!

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives and verbs to describe my weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.