Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2019

I think Father has hypothermia, wait, he's fainted.

Father is Sick


Idea Points


  • Fear
Hypothermia

Father is sick. We've found a small shed to take refuge in. Father's temperature is dropping rapidly, and I can feel it in the palm of my hand. One of the villagers diagnosed him and concluded that Father has been struck with hypothermia. Of course that wasn't true, Father was the toughest person I know. He gave me the box he wrapped up just before the soldiers invaded. Wait, I think he's fainted. 


The Burial Day

Idea Points
  • Acquiescence


Image result for people sad silhouetteFather's dead... I can't believe it. I wish it was just a nightmare, that I can just wake up in my cozy soft bed, but it doesn't get anymore real than this. Staring down at my father's corpse in the soil, we couldn't build a proper coffin for him, so we just dug a shallow grave for him to rest. I didn't have the strength, nor the will to help dig, so I just wept in the shed. We had to leave, I wanted to mourn, but the soldiers were coming, so in acquiescence we left his body in the brittle snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.