Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

I am getting better at playing Netball!

Netball Practice!

After our morning tea, my class and I went to the top court to play Netball. Our coaches Mark and Tina were waiting for us there.


They introduced themselves and then Tina told us to get into a circle and say our names, our ages and what we wanted to be when we grow up. Everyone introduced themselves.


After that, Tina told us to jog to the end of the court and back. It made me very tired but other than that it was fine. As soon as we had finished warming up, Tina told us to pair with another person that was close to our size.


I paired up with Kyle because he was a similar size to me. Mark and Tina passed us some netball balls for us to pass to each other. Tina instructed us to stand facing our partners. Kyle and I did what we were told.


Then we learnt the chest pass. In a chest pass, we have to aim the ball at the other person’s chest.  After we practised ten times, we took a step back. The further we were away from our partner, the harder it was to pass the ball. If we missed, Mark would come and pick it up for us.


After a little while, we were told to join up into groups of three. There were two throwers and one catcher. The catcher had to throw the ball to the thrower diagonally opposite them, then they would throw it back to the catcher. We all took turns.


Soon it was almost time to go back to class and Tina told us to line up into three lines, forming a triangle. We were told to throw to the line on our left, then join the line on our right. After I threw the ball to my left, I ran to join the line on my right. After a little while, we switched the direction of our throw. I was a little bit confused because I
accidentally threw the ball to the right instead of my left.


Before long, it was time to go back to class. We said, “Goodbye Tina and Mark!” and went back to class. I had a lot of fun.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion of our third Netball session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.